A man has died after suffering serious burns nearly a week after he was rescued from a blaze by firefighters.
The man, who is yet to be named, was rescued from a flat that was situated above shops on Chesterfield Road and was taken straight to hospital, he died six days later.
Details on the death have emerged today.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “A man has sadly died after a fire on Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, last month.
“Firefighters were called to the incident at 10.18am on Saturday, February 7. They rescued one casualty who was taken to hospital with serious burn injuries.
“Despite the best efforts of all involved, the man died in hospital approximately six days after the fire.
“Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.”
The fire took place on Sunday 7 February and was thought to have started by an electrical fault.
It started in a window shop and spread to flats and the roof space above.
The blaze involved a terraced building with Milan’s Pizza takeaway shop on the ground floor and flats above it.
Seven fire engines and an air ambulance came to the scene and the neighbouring properties were searched for any injuries.